Round The Wicket: Cricket, life and random thoughts

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Me and My God

Whoopie ... I met the man himself!!! :) Charming, poised, humorous and energetic, Harsha Bhogle had the whole of SPJIMR captivated during Business Today's Acumen, an inter b-school quiz and debate competition held on our campus last week. I've always been a huge fan of his, but now after watching him effortlessly carry off a live performance in front of hundreds of shout-till-your-sore b-schoolers, I'm a total convert. He was also a model of humility and grace off the stage, greeting everyone with that characteristic disarming smile and entertaining innumerable autograph and photo requests. I ran up to him just after he was through with lunch and managed to snare both the magic sign and a handful of snaps with the maestro ... the latter are reproduced below :)

2 Comments:

  • Hi madhav,
    Thanks for dropping by my blog and for the generous comment too!
    Me too am a harsha worshipper. Great that you met him. I too intend to do so in near future. U in SPJIMR? I recollect the time i was writing their essays and was indeed saddened that my essays emphasising the need of MBA for indian sports upheavel didnt earn me a call. :( (of course, my CAT score wasnt in high nineties. :( )

    Madhav, you sure can contribute in the cause of brining the desperately needed professionalism in our sports system. Your MBA acumen too will come in handy. And plus, we will be amongst the prime movers. The future too does seem bright. Of course, there will be some hiccups in the beginning. That may come under risk-taking ability. :)

    No email-id in your profile. Would love to keep in touch. Btw, me will be in mumbai in all probability on 9th Dec. Would be my pleasure to meet u up in person.

    By Blogger khelnayak, at 11/24/2005 12:34:00 AM  

  • Sounds great ... shall keep in touch :)

    By Blogger Madhav, at 11/24/2005 01:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home